Ideal Institute of Technology has designed a cell phone repair course for students who are seeking a career in fixing Apple, Samsung and all other cell phones made by major manufacturers. Most of the cell phone repair school courses last only five days, which is not enough time to learn all the skills and hands-on training required for students to confidently repair phones.
At IITNJ, students are given enough time to ensure all of our students understand the course material and have a sufficient amount of hours in hands-on training. The Cell Phone Repair Specialist course is a three-month course consisting of 250 hours of essentials and hands-on training with real life scenarios. At the end of the program students will receive a cell phone repair tool kit so they can start performing repairs right after their graduation.
What will I learn?
After completion of this course you will be able to perform, diagnose and repair all major manufacturer’s phone models. You will learn how to change the digitizer and broken LCD for any phone. You will also learn how to solder and disorder on mother board level, which includes changing charging ports and removing any Integrated Chips from mother board. Apple’s mobile devices consume a large portion of market share and are widely being adopted in business settings. You will also learn how to work on some other media devices such as Ipads and tablets. This program will prepare you to be a successful cell phone repair specialist.
The average cell phone repair salary is around $40,000. Once you know how to repair cell phones, you can start your own business repairing cell phones or you can work for a company that provides cell phone repair services. Self-employment means greater responsibilities, but also greater earning potential. You are limited only by the work you (and your employees) can do. If you decide to go into business for yourself, you can either open a brick-and-mortar shop or you can be a mobile cell phone repair technician and meet your clients at their locations. Going mobile is a great way to start out because it minimizes your overhead and lessens your overall risk.
All candidates must be at least sixteen (16) years of age before enrolling in the program. A high school diploma is required to enroll in the course. Students who don’t have a high school diploma can first register for our HSEAP (former GED) program and then can start their cell phone repair technician course. Students are required to successfully complete the course to receive an IIT certificate of completion.
A Day in Cell Phone Repair Technician’s life:
- A cell phone repair technician’s daily routine depends on whether or not you have your own repair shop or work as a repair technician for a company who provides cell phone repair services.
- As a repair shop owner you will be responsible for consulting with the customer to see what kind of repair the phone requires, followed by an estimate for the repair.
- The next step is to perform a repair and when the phone is ready, simply call them to pick up their device.
- Inventory, such as digitizers, phone cases and other parts for phone repairs, will have to ordered and stocked.
- As a technician you will be employed at a company or repair shop where you will perform repairs for your company and work as your employer schedules.
- Another popular option is to have a mobile shop where you travel to a customer’s location and perform repairs on site.